Check Point vSEC for Azure Stack seamlessly secures the hybrid-cloud
Using the hybrid cloud is much like streaming a movie on a home theatre system. Pulling the film from the cloud to your big screen TV, the home theatre experience marries the benefits of the public cloud with the comfort of not having to leave the house and overpay for popcorn. The hybrid cloud, with the public cloud benefits such as agility, elasticity, and on-demand computing, allows organisations to have complete control over their data, deploying the services to best meet their unique business, technical, and regulatory requirements. And one of the best ways for organisations to deploy hybrid cloud is with Microsoft Azure Stack.
Microsoft released Azure Stack in order to push the edge of the Azure public cloud into on-site data centres. Using an integrated hardware appliance, organisations could marry the benefits of the public Azure cloud service with the autonomy of having data hosted on-premise. Azure stack lets DevOps use the same development environment for on-premise workloads that they used for the Azure cloud, allowing a seamless, elegant hybrid cloud solution.
While the hybrid cloud combines the benefits of the public and the private cloud, organisations still need to protect their assets, data and apps hosted in Azure on-premise cloud environments. Check Point vSEC for Azure Stack, now available in the Azure Stack Marketplace, supports Azure hybrid cloud environments with industry-leading threat prevention security built for the dynamic and elastic nature of cloud-based environments.
By complementing the native built-in security controls available in Azure Stack with advanced threat prevention security, Check Point vSEC helps you uphold your security responsibilities in your Azure Stack environment. Deploying vSEC inside Azure Stack seamlessly extends the same security protections safeguarding your on-premises network and Azure environments, while ensuring consistent management, enforcement and reporting across your hybrid network.
Check Point and Microsoft enjoy a long history of partnership and innovation, deliver world-class solutions that meet the exacting needs of the most demanding organisations. The partnership with Microsoft includes the following achievements:
- Advanced protections delivered to Microsoft Hyper-V based environments
- Achieving Microsoft Azure certification status
- The first advanced threat prevention virtualized security solution in the Azure MarketPlace to protect data and workloads in Azure public clouds
- Our cloud aware vSEC controller functionality built into R80.10 Smart Management is a game changer for many customers enabling security policies that adapt automatically to changes in the cloud environments. R80.10 also provides REST API support for automated and orchestrated workflows critical in DevOps environments.
- Achieved integration with Azure Security Center for automated deployment and provisioning of Check Point vSEC
- Advanced threat prevention support for Azure Stack for on-premise cloud and hybrid cloud environments
- SaaS and mobile security solutions that integrate into Microsoft Office 365 and Intune
- And much more – new integrations and features will be announced in upcoming releases so stay tuned!
Check Point’s cloud security strategy has always been cloud agnostic, allowing us to integrate with all leading public and private cloud environments. This lets customers take advanced security wherever they go, allowing them to glue multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments together at the security layer.