Intel And SCC: A Golden Relationship
As a global leader in computer processing innovation, Intel creates the technologies that help to drive SCC customer solutions. SCC is a member of the Intel® Technology Provider program, Intel’s prestigious reseller community. This relationship makes SCC eligible to receive enhanced benefits such as hands-on training, priority assistance, early access to new products, and face-to-face engagement with Intel experts. These benefits are passed along to customers in the form of heightened service, support and technology expertise.
‘Cloud-ready’ With SCC And Intel
Intel is a technical advisor to the Open Data Centre Alliance (ODCA), a global organization dedicated to shaping the future of cloud computing. Using Intel® architecture, SCC helped deploy a cloud-based solution that enables children’s services caseworkers in England to easily receive information about each case, providing a “single view of the child.”
Reimagining The Data Centre
SCC deploys a range of networking and storage solutions available from Intel to migrate customers to virtual and cloud environments easily and cost-effectively. Digital technologies based on Intel architecture can help customers store, move, protect and access critical data like never before:
- Versatile servers based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family offer enhanced I/O performance, energy efficiency, and hardened security protection.
- Intel® Ethernet X540 server adapters extend the advantages of 10 gigabit connectivity across networks for flexible, unified computing.
- Intel® Solid-State Drives deliver speed, performance and power efficiency unmatched by traditional spinning disk drives.
What’s Next In Virtualisation
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family extends the benefits of virtualisation for greater flexibility, security, productivity and cost-effectiveness. Intel Xeon processors feature built-in Intel® Virtualisation Technology (Intel® VT), accelerating key platform functions in software-based solutions. By deploying virtual desktop interface (VDI) solutions featuring 4th generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, SCC can help users and IT administrators alike enjoy flexible, secure virtual environments.
Client Devices For A Rich User Experience
SCC can help customers refresh their PCs for greater performance and security with an assortment of mobile and desktop form factors featuring the Intel Core™ processor family: built from the ground up for embedded security and low-power performance. Systems boot up in a flash, applications load instantly, and extended battery life helps keep users productive longer. Remote management and security features help reduce IT expenses, protect data and safeguard against theft and malware. PC options include:
- New touch-enabled Ultrabook™ 2 in 1 devices offer the benefits of a tablet and a laptop when you need it. Convertible and clamshell Ultrabooks are both built for business and engineered for security.
- Touch-enabled desktop all-in-one devices running the new Windows* 8 operating system for great performance in a modest footprint.
Why SCC And Intel?
- Technology leadership: Europe’s largest independent technology solutions provider, allied with a world-recognised computer technology company.
- International support: Wherever SCC serves customers across Europe, Intel is there, too.
- Standards-based solutions: Customers can depend on SCC solutions based on Intel® architecture for reliable interoperability.