We understand the tough operational and business challenges are shaping the future of emergency services
In the face of reduced budgets, changing public and social needs, forces are seeking to transform ways of working to allow more effective engagement with the communities they serve. Digital transformation can relieve the pressure on police time, make better use of data, integrate services and combat the growing problem of cyber security.
What our customers say
Our Force had a requirement to swiftly procure new technology into the hands of our front line officers. SCC helped us realise this requirement with a strong degree of professionalism. Their solution has enabled us to develop an increased level of efficiency in the Policing service to our community.
Head Of Procurement,
East Midlands Strategic Commercial Unit
At West Midlands Police we have to continually find savings without cutting our front line and essential services. SCC have managed to help us find considerable savings in the way that we purchase our IT equipment. Their Lifecycle Services have integrated well into our own internal systems and processes, leading to faster, more cost effective and efficient purchasing. We now see SCC as a partner, not just a supplier and look forward to working with them on more initiatives that will continue to make our consumption of IT more efficient.
Head Of Contracts and Procurement,
West Midlands Police
The quality of our ICT systems and infrastructure are critical in allowing us to achieve our core purpose of keeping the people of Lancashire safe. We have worked closely with SCC for five years as a key supplier and have a strong working relationship through which we ensure that we achieve value for money. They provide dynamic solutions and high quality support services and we therefore consider SCC to be a trusted provider.
Head Of ICT,
Reduce operational costs whilst improving operational efficiency.
Provide effective services by integration with other agencies and services to improve outcomes for citizens.
Provide efficiencies through new ways of working.
Improve public confidence and engagement with communities through digital policing.
Our key Police solutions
With many UK forces struggling to support their legacy end-user environment and spending a disproportionate effort in delivering day-to-day services, they have no opportunity to drive the changes laid out by the NPCC’s National Enabling Programme. SCC’s modern workplace solutions support police forces looking to benefit from cloud services, and deploy artificial intelligence and process automation effectively.
Transforming to a Digital Workplace
The Windows 10 workplace is architected to the requirements of modern police forces, and with our EUC ConsultTM methodology, we can help forces with a rapid, well-defined transformation.
Desktop as a Service (DaaS)
Our enterprise mobility offering is hosted on our own secure, resilient cloud platform, allowing forces to access critical applications on Windows 10, support flexible device options for working at any location, and protect underlying infrastructure integrity.
Audio Visual Solutions
We can provide access to a modern, reliable audio visual platforms that support collaboration across all devices, in all locations, at all times. This platform can be integrated with existing technology to maximise the value of previous and current investment.
Asset Lifecycle Services
We provide a comprehensive lifecycle service for Windows 10 transformations across all key stages of the supply chain. Collectively, our services deliver efficiency, cost reduction, rapid delivery and peace of mind regarding treatment of sensitive data.
- Scale as required and only pay for what they need
- Improve collaboration between organisations and teams
- Access industry-leading workplace transformation expertise
- Gain quicker and easier application access
- Enhance asset management, purchasing and deployment
- Release resources that can drive future transformation
- Drive cost savings with a new revenue model
Police forces and departments are being challenged to deliver better outcomes within smaller budgets and with fewer resources. Utilising technology innovations could be the key to driving greater efficiency and making cost savings. SCC’s professional services team is made up of architects, consultants, engineers and business analysts. They apply their experience and expertise in close working relationships with our police customers, identifying critical business priorities and challenges.
Our Professional Services include assessment, design, project management and project delivery across infrastructure, networking, security, unified communications, cloud migration, SaaS, workplace transformation and workload optimisation environments. Collectively, they integrate multi-vendor technologies into resilient and robust infrastructure platforms for police forces’ business applications.
- Access industry-leading digital transformation expertise
- Align a tried and tested approach to organisational goals
- Leverage technical skill sets as and when they’re needed
- Rely on trusted programme management
- Release resources to focus on customer value
Police forces are constantly challenged to improve operational efficiency and outcomes for citizens, whilst reducing operational costs in a world where threats are always emerging and evolving.
Our range of Document Services equip forces with innovative digital document management solutions that support more integrated, agile ways of working.
Managed Print Rooms
These specialist resources help forces streamline the addition of paper-based records to the Police National Database. Sensitive documents can be scanned and digitised without the security risk or time delays inherent in sending them off-site.
Secure off-site digitisation is ideal for large-volume archiving and specialist litigation support. Digital versions of these documents are made safer than paper equivalents.
Secure Data Storage
Documents can be stored on-premise, or in the cloud on SCC’s own secure, government approved platform, Sentinel, to ensure data safety and accessibility, and to promote a working environment that encourages collaboration and communication between forces and other partners.
- Streamline workflows and processes
- Create a single, integrated view of citizens and crimes
- Boost data accessibility for staff and citizens alike
- Enable easier data replication
- Rationalise property assets and expenditure
- Support sustainability agendas
- Increase information accessibility, including historic documentation
- Foster better collaboration between forces, agencies and other organisations
- Enhance protection and security of sensitive data
The police service is under pressure to ensure public safety, pressure exacerbated by the need to reduce operating costs and maximise the value from available budgets. SCC’s Public Safety solution uniquely utilises market-leading technologies to offer police forces access to data analytic workflow and management services.
Forensic Cyber Security
We partner with HYAS, an investigation and attribution system capable of interrogating large amounts of web information, including data from privacy protected domains. This interconnected information can help analysts, researchers and investigators increase the accuracy and detail of the information they find.
- Cut the time and cost of video analysis
- Increase the accuracy of finding persons or items of interest
- Integrate case management to improve evidence gathering
- Managed expenditure better through a subscription model
- Access a platform-ready solution on-demand
As one of the largest holders of sensitive data and public information, police forces and organisations face constantly increasing pressure to defend against cybercrime and data breaches. Police forces and organisations can combine the best of public cloud, private cloud and on-premise infrastructure on a pay-as-you-go basis through SCC’s Universal Cloud Services (UCS).
We operate three Tier-3 data centres in the UK.
Managed services that encompass a complete cloud enablement suite.
Our strong relationships with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services expand the breadth of our offering
Network Operations Centres
We support 24/7 infrastructure monitoring and management from bases in the UK, Romania and Vietnam
We work with organisations to determine their ideal solution, based on our extensive public sector experience
- Transition customers to the new services quickly and securely
- Increase future agility and scalability of the IT environment
- Enable and accelerate effective workload provisioning
- Right-size support levels, from simple maintenance to full managed service
- Improve cost visibility through consumption-based reporting
Police forces and organisations are constantly seeking to cut costs so their limited budgets and resources can be focused on front-line service delivery. Many organisations are devoting disproportionate resources to that management, reducing the time available to drive savings, and so a more simplified, reliable approach to licence and software asset management is needed.
SCC’s Software Asset Management (SAM) service involves working with organisations to evaluate their technology and licensing contracts, assessing software usage and identifying any issues and commercial risks. Providing insight into their software estates puts organisations back in control and highlights areas of rationalisation to provide savings, while ensuring compliance with both vendors and legal regulations.
SCC’s SAM Maturity Assessment identifies any gaps in existing tools, policies, processes and governance to help deliver control over software from requirement to retirement, with deliverables including a gap analysis, next step recommendations and priorities. The aim of the assessment is to determine risk and assess the impact this would have on the police force.
- Encourage new ways of interacting with other forces and stakeholders
- Gain complete visibility and control of the software estate
- Predict software spend accurately
- Enable collaboration and cost certainty with a common multi-agency software platform
- Increase compliance and licence optimisation
- Reduce costs through SCC’s buying power and licence optimisation
With increased regulation and the demands of GDPR compliance, the protection of citizens’ and police data is of the utmost importance, together with inter-agency collaboration and improving cyber defences. With recent high-profile data breaches and changes to data protection regulations, government departments and agencies are under pressure to protect their IT infrastructures and business information.
SCC’s Security solutions helps customers develop a comprehensive security strategy that encompasses every stage of the security lifecycle and enables police forces to take a proactive approach to security.
A consultative approach where we work with our customers to assess and evaluate their current security position. This looks at people, processes, technologies and regulations to identify any security gaps and potential risks to the organisation.
Adapting new innovations and technologies can indirectly cause a police organisation’s attack surface to grow. We collaborate with customers to define, supply and implement
the right solutions and services, across cloud environments and on-premise infrastructure.
SCC’s Cyber Security Service (CSS) ensures organisations get access to best-in-class threat detection services, delivered by a dedicated and experienced operations team.
We provide incident response services and remediation tasks, so that customers can prepare for security breaches, minimise their impact, and take their protection and risk management to the next level.
- Protect the reputation and productivity of the force
- Secure valuable confidential information, software, devices and networks
- Cut the cost of security monitoring, risk assurance and in-house skills
- Enable a proactive approach to cyber security
- Tailor a service to the maturity of a particular security strategy
- Support ongoing compliance strategies
Police forces are having to maximise the lifespan of their current IT investments, to delay future capital spend and ensure the availability of their legacy applications. Many core applications are unable to move to an agile, cloud environment because of costly development work or compliance concerns.
SCC acts as a single point of contact for customers’ break fix needs, providing flexible Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across a single contract. Our team is highly accredited with most technology vendors and can provide support when direct vendor support is no longer available or financially viable. Our ability to underpin our police customers by supporting their legacy infrastructure environments helps them to lower cost and extend the life of their current IT equipment.
- Access a nationwide network of highly trained engineers
- Utilise best-in-class tools to streamline resolutions and first-time fix rates
- Extend the lifespan of key technologies and ensure access to legacy applications
- Gain support even after OEM support lapses
- Maximise flexibility with SLAs tailored to force requirements
- Save money by delaying capital outlay
Want to learn more?
Get in touch today