The public sector has found itself in a state of ‘unconscious’, unplanned flux following a decade of inertia since the introduction of the Government’s Cloud-First policy. The effects of this race to the public cloud, and the one-size-fits-all methodology, are still felt today. The documentary uncovered why organisations, many of which still feel paralysed by legacy debt, the digital skills gap and restrictive procurement processes, have found themselves ‘Unconsciously Hybrid’. Compute can exist anywhere and the need to become consciously hybrid is an imperative. Richard Reader, our Head of Public Sector, has provided his perspective around the subject covering the below topics…
- How are attitudes to the Cloud First approach changing?
- How are organisations overcoming public cloud challenges?
- What are his personal aspirations for the application of hybrid in public sector?
- How is SCC addressing the social value aspects of government procurement?
- How is SCC addressing the challenges around introducing hybrid cloud?
- If you had one piece of advice for public sector what would it be?