Competition in the Financial Services sector is increasing, with digital organisations emerging to challenge traditional institutions, who need to transform their businesses if they intend to compete.
Financial Services and Insurance organisations need to become more agile, with technical debt slowing transformation progress, organisations are unable to launch services and products in line with customer expectation. Swiftly executed updates and IT purchases are increasing the cyber attack surface without delivering the required digital advancement to defend against ‘Born Digital’ organisations.
What our customers say
Chief Technology Officer
Secure Trust Bank
Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer Operations
How to modernise and embrace hybrid working models whilst protecting customer data from the increased cyber attack surface
How to embrace new technologies such as AI, RPA and data analytics to exploit new business opportunities and increase speed to market
Competition to attract new customers against new online market entrants
How to attract and retain resource as competition for skills increases
Our key Banking, Financial and Insurance solutions
- Distributed Cloud Services and Application Modernisation
- Digital Workplace
- ‘As a Service’ Consumption Solution
- Managed Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
Migrating to the cloud is often key to taking advantage of IT innovations which drive real business advantage, however many Banking, Financial and Insurance organisations struggle on the best approach to achieve their cloud journey. Often a hybrid cloud approach is required when combining on-premise storage with cloud services, as legacy workloads or applications cannot be moved to the cloud due to legal or developmental restrictions. SCC offer a Cloud Readiness Assessment which reviews the entire organisation infrastructure to identify applications and their interconnecting workloads, with the aim of migrating them to the storage solution which provides maximum benefit and optimised performance from each workload.
Our cloud and on-premise storage solution portfolio includes:
- Colocation – Organisations can maximise the return on investment of current compute and storage infrastructure by hosting it in SCC’s UK based enterprise data centres.
- SCC Hyperscale – SCC’s Hyperscale Service allows customers to seamlessly host applications and workloads from multiple public cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Cloud+ – SCC’s secure multi-tenant cloud platform Cloud+ delivers a catalogue of cloud based compute and storage services based on a consumption model.
- Sentinel – Sentinel by SCC is an enterprise level, fully certified OFFICIAL/OFFICIAL SENSITIVE Community Cloud platform, built specifically for public sector and related agency customers.
- Shadow IT, Cloud Usage Discovery and Governance – Any untested and unapproved cloud application is Shadow IT. SCC offer a three step assessment to provide visibility into a customer’s environment.
- Consume cloud services rapidly and securely.
- Increase future agility and scalability of the IT environment.
- Enable and accelerate effective workload provisioning.
- Increased flexibility and cost savings associated with consumption priced services.
- Keep up with technological change and innovation whilst modernising at the organisations own speed.
- Embrace a reliable, high level security cloud application.
- Build a competitive edge through the ability to take advantage of technological innovations and process automation.
With the legacy of the COVID-19 pandemic, Banking, Financial and Insurance organisations are adjusting to entire new organisational structures due to remote working. Future digital workplace solutions are the way forward to providing a seamless work from anywhere experience. SCC’s user first approach will help organisations to evolve from a device-centric strategy to a user, security, data and applications focused modern workplace.
SCC will align people, process and technology to the following solution areas:
Collaboration and Communication
SCC are unique in our ability to discuss, consult, supply, deploy and support cross-discipline collaboration solutions, combining collaboration toolsets with audio visual, document services and traditional IT.
Unified End-Point Management
A single administrative console allows IT teams to remotely manage corporate devices, including identity and access management, patch management, end-point experience monitoring and technology adoption requirements.
Application Modernisation is key to any transformational project. SCC can remotely manage the upgrades of applications and deliver containerisation services for legacy applications, which are needed for transformation projects but not fit for cloud hosting.
Our Technology Adoption team offers training, end user adoption and learning management services to maximise the benefit of investments in technology.
By blending modern technology with standards-based, proven service management practice, SCC’s multi-lingual service desk provides 24x7x365 support via telephone, email, virtual assistant, self service portals, chat and social media integration.
End User Support
Meet the everchanging expectations of employees by deploying SCC’s flexible remote field services which include: Tech Bar, Smart Locker and IT Peripheral Vending Machines, Repair 365 and Technical Exchange.
- Improved employee health and wellbeing.
- Collaborate seamlessly from any location on any device.
- Easy access to the support users require at the time they need it.
- Improved productivity with modern supported technology replacing legacy infrastructure.
- Improved security with transparency into how and what technology is being utilised.
To remain competitive, Banking, Financial and Insurance organisations need to become more agile and to drive cost savings. At a time when margins need to be protected, investing in IT equipment which rapidly becomes outdated is not high on the agenda of many organisations despite the benefits.
SCC’s IT Consumption Service allows organisations to utilise the latest IT innovations by designing a payment profile which aligns their technology project requirements with their available budget, with a predictable monthly cost.
Financial Services organisations who are trapped by their legacy infrastructure can avoid sweating assets by using SCC’s ‘as a Service’ consumption model. The solution incorporates all the intrinsic steps in the lifecycle of an asset and provides them on a simple ‘cost per asset’ basis. It is tailorable to all asset types including End User Devices, Infrastructure, Storage, Print, Audio visual, Mobile and any associated services.
Device as a Service (DVaaS)
Our DVaaS solution encompasses the full lifecycle of IT asset procurement, including catalogue management and purchases, configuration, delivery, maintenance, support and decommissioning and recycling. This removes the burden of managing a complex IT estate and allows IT teams to focus on delivering against strategic business objectives.
Room as a Service
SCC Collaboration design, install, configure, test, provide training and deliver ongoing support for video conferencing enablement meet rooms via a monthly subscription.
Many vendors offer multi-year discounts for software purchases, however they require companies to pay the whole cost up front. The SCC SPA solution allows organisations to take advantage of these discounts whilst continuing to pay for them on an annual basis.
- Build competitive advantage by aligning IT to business objectives.
- Maintain the investment with regular technology refreshes, ensuring the latest innovations are being used.
- Free up cash for investment by shifting to a commodity pricing structure.
- Support green objectives and circular economy.
As our world becomes increasingly connected, Banking, Financial and Insurance Organisations face constant and targeted security attacks, which can occur at any time and are always evolving. Organisations must invest in robust cyber security solutions to ensure operational compliance and to protect their proprietary data.
SCC helps Financial Services develop a comprehensive security strategy that encompasses every stage of the security lifecycle. Our Managed SIEM service provides organisations access to best-in-class threat detection services, delivered by our dedicated and experienced operations team. It delivers a complete view of the visible and ‘invisible’ threats facing an entire organisation, reducing detection times and improving defence capabilities.
We collect, store and analyse security event data, consolidate log events and network data from customer devices, endpoints and applications distributed around the infrastructure. This data feeds into SCC’s enterprise class platform, where an advanced Sense Analytics engine normalises and correlates the data to identify anomalies, uncover advanced threats and remove false positives in real-time. The platform is managed from SCC’s Cyber Security Centre where a team of Security Analysts monitor incoming alerts and events. This team actively seeks to provide advice to customers on the best course of action following detection of a threat, with threat detection notifications delivered automatically to customers.
- Save time and resource with SCC managing the collection, storage and analysis of security event data.
- A market-leading advanced analytics engine providing real-time analytics of log data and network flows to identify malicious activity.
- 24/7 proactive security event monitoring and alerting with Security Experts on hand in our Security Operations Centre to support customers.
- Detailed event correlation and automatic prioritisation – supplying organisations with proactive advice on the best resolution routes.
- Ensure regulatory and security compliance requirements are met by embracing SCC’s end-to-end security service reporting and service level agreements.
Banking, Financial and Insurance Brochure
Want to learn more?
Get in touch today
How we might use your information