Maximise Memory and SSD Utilisation with Hypertec
Hypertec can enable your organisation to maximise Memory and SSD utilisation with WS2012 R2 migration.
WS2012 2012 and 2012 R2 extends Memory capabilities and provides an operating system that is SSD-aware. WS2012 is more than just an operating system upgrade, it’s an architecture upgrade.
The way the operating system leverages the hardware has changed – organisations need to understand how to best take advantage of these benefits.
Hypertec can help organisations fully leverage the benefits of WS2012 with System Specific Memory and SSDs which optimise system performance at a fraction of the cost.
- HyperV is the native virtualisation offering in WS2012, and like the operating system itself, can support up to 4TB of Memory.
- Each virtual machine can be assigned up to 1TB of Memory and 64 virtual CPUs.
- Dynamic Memory allows Memory to be added and re-moved to a VM.
- SSDs have been natively supported since WS2008 R2 – the operating system optimises SSD technology and prolongs the life of the drive.
- Partitions in WS2012 are now automatically aligned to optimise SSDs.
- WS2012 supports TRIM for writing and wiping. Without this functionality the write and wipe operations would have a negative effect on performance.
For more information on WS2012 2012 and 2012 R2, please contact your SCC account manager manager, call 0121 281 8618 or e-mail [email protected].