Open up: servers are the new storage
Surveys continue to show that companies around the world are dissatisfied with their current storage due to application performance and response time demands, rising costs, and management complexity. Traditional storage just can’t keep pace with the growth of data, and it’s no surprise that IT departments are looking at new approaches.
One of the most popular options is software-defined storage. The right software on the right server can extend the benefits of virtualization and bring cloud-like agility to storage. Benefits include greater automation and simpler management, more adaptability and flexibility to meet change, and better storage economics.
Lenovo has teamed up with DataCore, pioneers in software-defined storage, to offer a new turnkey appliance to meet today’s application and performance requirements with a simple, affordable solution.
Introducing the Lenovo Storage DX8200D Powered by DataCore
The Lenovo Storage DX8200D Powered by DataCore appliance allows you to bring the benefits of software-defined technologies to block and file storage for faster performance while automating and simplifying operations. This validated, turnkey solution provides easy scalability and single pane management at a fraction of the cost of legacy systems—without trade-offs in availability, reliability or functionality.
Available as part of the Lenovo Software Defined Storage portfolio, this appliance ships preconfigured, tested and optimized to easily deploy software-defined storage into your data center. The DX8200D unifies isolated storage devices, even across different locations, under one common set of enterprise-wide services. It pools their collective resources, managing them centrally and uniformly despite differences and incompatibilities among manufacturers, models and generations of equipment in use.
The DX8200D storage appliance combines Lenovo’s #1 reliable server* with DataCore’s innovative software, which includes Adaptive Parallel I/O Technology to meet dynamic application and business workload requirements and delivers the highest levels of storage performance, availability and efficiency to give you:
- Industry-leading performance
- Affordable scale-up or scale-out expansion
- Flexibility to seamlessly complement or replace existing storage
- Single-pane management across all storage tiers and devices
- Enterprise-grade Lenovo systems
- A pre-integrated, pretested, appliance
- Single source, worldwide support from Lenovo
Although the DX8200D appliance is brand new, it’s based on two decades of proven performance from DataCore. According to TechValidate, DataCore customers report:
- Lower cost of ownership: Up to 75 percent reduction in storage costs
- Faster applications: Up to 10x performance increase
- Higher availability: Up to 100 percent reduction in storage-related downtime
- Greater productivity: Up to 90 percent decrease in time spent on routine storage tasks
The Lenovo DX8200D Powered by DataCore will be available worldwide in April 2017.
- Lenovo Storage DX8200D powered by DataCore data sheet
- Lenovo Storage DX8200D powered by DataCore product video
- Lenovo software-defined storage family video
- Lenovo software-defined storage 3D Tour
- Lenovo Storage DX8200D powered by DataCore Product Guide
- ITIC Global Server Hardware, Reliability Report 2015-2016