NetApp Enables Companies to Make Faster Decisions with Data
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — —
NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today introduced a powerful system that has set new records for
price/performance. NetApp has also added new software to its big data analytics portfolio, including the first available NVMe-enabled solution on the market and a NetApp® Converged Infrastructure Solution for Data Analytics. These new offerings provide ultrafast performance and the building blocks for analytics data management that is fast, secure, efficient, and future-proof.
To be effective, strategic, and tactical for future planning, companies today need to harness and leverage the wealth of available data. Meaningful analytics are the key differentiator for smarter decision making and for gaining a competitive advantage. To differentiate their business from the competition and to accelerate time to market, organisations need hybrid cloud data solutions that can deliver top application performance with nonstop data availability.
The new solutions and software that NetApp introduced today include:
- NetApp EF570 all-flash system is the storage industry’s price/performance leader as demonstrated by SPC-1 and SPC-2 benchmark tests as of September 19, 2017.The fourth-generation all-flash array was designed specifically for performance-intensive workloads such as big data analytics, technical computing, and video surveillance. It now delivers up to 21GBps of bandwidth, 1 million sustained IOPS, sub-100 microsecond latency, and support for 100Gb NVMe over InfiniBand to increase application responsiveness and to accelerate analytics. And it’s all in a compact, 2U package. The system supports 367TB of raw flash capacity in a modular 2U building block that scales to 1.8PB.
- NetApp E5700 Series hybrid flash system accelerates performance and increases density with a hybrid flash system that is optimal for modern enterprise applications. It also supports 100Gb NVMe over InfiniBand.
- NetApp SANtricity® Cloud Connector enables Data Fabric capabilities by providing cost-effective backup and recovery to the cloud from NetApp E-Series and EF-Series systems.
- NetApp SANtricity 11.4 software now comes with security enhancements such as role-based access control and audit log, Active Directory support, and an external key manager. It also ships with on-box SANtricity System Manager.
- NetApp Converged Infrastructure Solution for Data Analytics brings together the latest storage, networking, and server technologies in a pretested, prevalidated reference architecture to help simplify deployment of data analytics environments.
“Organizations looking to transform data into valuable business results are often bogged down by inefficient infrastructures that are not designed for performance-intensive workloads,” said Ritu Jyoti, research director, Infrastructure for Big Data and Analytics, IDC. “Lacking the speed required to analyze third platform data and yield critical business insights in real time, they know that throwing expensive updates at their infrastructure isn’t a solution. Companies need a solution that offers the best price/performance to solve this business challenge.”
“We know that technology changes fast, and that’s why we are always on top of breakthroughs in application and infrastructure architecture,” said Rob Berger, managing director of big data and analytics, Global Technology Resources, Inc. “NetApp EF570 and E5700 systems enable us to reduce speed to insight for our customers while offering tremendous value and support for mission-critical workloads.”
“Data is the engine that powers modern business,” said Eric Stoltman, vice president and general manager of the Hyperscale Storage Group at NetApp. “NetApp’s new solutions deliver enhanced performance, efficiency, and flexibility for companies looking to harness data that is distributed, dynamic, and diverse.”
The NetApp EF570 all-flash array is a midrange storage system that offers twice the throughput performance of earlier versions. In deployments, the EF570 can cut video processing times by as much as 95%, reducing dataset analysis from weeks to hours. And response for financial transactions is up to 4 times faster than with other systems.
The NetApp E5700 Series is a hybrid flash system that is designed with NetApp SANtricity operating system adaptive caching algorithms for a large range of application workloads. Requiring just 2U or 4U of rack space, the E5700 Series hybrid flash array combines extreme IOPS and sub-100 microsecond response times to increase application responsiveness and to accelerate analytics. Customers can also get seamless backup and recovery to the hybrid cloud with integration with the NetApp Data Fabric.
Both the E5700 and EF570 systems support multiple high-speed host interfaces, including 32Gb FC, 25Gb iSCSI, 100Gb InfiniBand, 12Gb SAS, and 100Gb NVMe over InfiniBand. This capability makes EF570 and E5700 systems among the first 2U arrays with support for NVMe.
Designed for application environments, including backup and recovery, technical computing, video surveillance, and big data analytics, the NetApp E-Series and EF-Series storage arrays with SANtricity software offer extreme performance, superior value, and proven simplicity. SANtricity System Manager gives customers the flexibility to manage their NetApp EF570 and E5700 Series systems from any location, at any time, through an easy-to-use, on-box, web-based interface. In addition, customers can simplify deployment and access data with secure, reliable storage, proven by more than 1 million installations over NetApp’s rich 20+ year history. For cost-effective backup and recovery to the cloud, the SANtricity Cloud Connector is a hybrid cloud solution that connects directly to an Amazon S3 target or through a NetApp StorageGRID® or AltaVault™ storage system.
SPC-1 and SPC-2 Price/Performance Leadership
NetApp has demonstrated the world’s leading price/performance results for both SPC-1 and SPC-2 benchmarks in the same system. With price/performance ratios of $0.13/SPC-1 IOPS and $3.69/SPC-2 MBPS, NetApp has established its standing as the storage industry’s price/performance leader for transactional and bandwidth workloads.
Pricing and Availability
The EF570 starts at $25,000 and will be available in October.
- Learn how to increase performance with the NetApp EF570 all-flash array.
- Learn how to enhance backup and recovery with NetApp E5700 systems.
- Learn how to get cost-effective cloud backup with SANtricity software.
- Learn how to deliver data analytics 50% faster with NetApp big data analytics solutions.
- Read the EF570 SPC-1 and SPC-2 Full Disclosure Report from the Storage Performance Council.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organisations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimise their operations. For more information, visit www.netapp.com. #DataDriven