Latest Version of Microsoft Azure is Great News for VMware Users
Microsoft is targeting VMware users with it’s latest iteration of Azure Site Recovery (ASR).
This allows Azure users to store, update and run VMware VM’s with complete disaster recovery functionality courtesy of Microsoft.
This service includes:
- Automated protection and replication of virtual machines
- Remote health monitoring
- Customisable recovery plans
- No-impact recovery plan testing
- Orchestrated recovery when needed
- Replication to (and recovery in) Azure
VMware already runs its own backup service, though this has not been previously operational via Azure. Microsoft’s latest update has resolved this, offering Azure customers greater functionality and ease of use.