Bringing together people, processes and technology
DevOps by SCC and IBM
The newest approach to software agile development, DevOps brings together developers (dev) and IT operations (ops) teams to build, test, deploy and monitor applications with speed, quality and control. DevOps is relevant to any kind of software project regardless of architecture, platform or purpose. It drives cloud-native and mobile applications, application integration, and modernisation and multi-cloud management.
- Risks related to continuous delivery
- Slow time to market
- Hard to create audit reports
- Errors related to manual application deployments
- Too many tools used for deployments – need to consolidate on one CI/CD process
- No way to deploy easily to IBM Z series with standard tools
- Unsure how to improve speed or quality – no visibility into bottlenecks
- Poor product quality
- Unable to scale up test execution or run it easily on Cloud environments
IBM UrbanCode: Better software, faster
Agile development teams use build management, deployment automation and release management solutions like IBM UrbanCode® to accelerate and optimise software delivery. UrbanCode can enable continuous delivery for any combination of on-premises, cloud and mainframe applications by eliminating manual, error-prone processes. Click here to download the SCC IBM Urbancode Datasheet
Red Hat Ansible: Ultimate automation
Red Hat Ansible Tower is an internet-based hub that runs your automation tasks. It is a configuration automation tool used to build declarative, immutable configuration across infrastructure. Using it, routine tasks involving server configuration files can be declaratively defined and automated. Red Hat Ansible Automation is trusted by over 1,500 organisations across multiple verticals and geographies, backed by one of the top ten open-source communities worldwide. Click here to download the SCC Red Hat Ansible Datasheet
UrbanCode and Ansible: Better together
Use Ansible playbooks to quickly spin up environments on any cloud platform or VM. Ansible may call UrbanCode to deploy a multi-tiered app. Ansible ensures table environments whilst UrbanCode Deploy drives application changes through environments. UrbanCode Velocity manages the value stream and accelerates continuous delivery, using data from UrbanCode Deploy and Ansible. UrbanCode Velocity also orchestrates varying toolchains, allowing teams the flexibility to choose tools.
- Improved time to market
- Development and testing shifts left and accelerates
- Reduced number of defects in production
- Reduced testing downtime due to environment unavailability
- Better quality systems = better reputation with customers
- Cloud Performance testing provides high ROI for a low TCO
Why SCC and IBM?
SCC has partnered with IBM for almost 40 years, bridging the gap between business needs and technology to deliver world-class solutions. From IBM’s technology to its people and vision, we work with our customers to deliver the strongest, most agile solutions. With a specialist dedicated IBM team, we are able to offer that extra support needed when helping our customers plan, integrate and manage their projects. Contact SCC to understand the best options for your business.