SCC is the opening event sponsor of Birmingham Tech Week, taking place from the 7th to 13th October 2019 which is kicking off at Millenium Point.
A number of speakers will be covering an exciting and vast range of topics:
• Diversity in Health Tech
• Artificial Intelligence
• Tech for Good
• Reality in VR/AR
The aim of the week is to:
• Unite all tech sectors through education, promotion and celebration
• Encourage engagement between students and tech companies to facilitate brand awareness
• Promote employment opportunities and future partnerships
• Showcase our diverse range of sectors from gaming to finance
• Improve communication to expose Birmingham’s tech scene to a wider audience
Birmingham is the youngest city in Europe yet it produces the most inventions per year, with nearly 65% registered from the Birmingham area. Not to mention it has nearly 6,000 tech companies employing some 38,300 people – Birmingham is home to some serious talent.
Birmingham Tech Week has already partnered with a range of leading brands based in Birmingham. To list a few they include Google, Tech Nation, Innovation Birmingham and Barclay’s.
Birmingham Tech Week wants to unite and further empower our innovative companies by hosting a week of events dedicated to showcasing our talented and creative team members, business owners, students and supporters alike. It’s an opportunity to celebrate and collaborate with plans to ensure sustainability.