Over the past two years, the process of public sector digitalisation has been rapidly accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Unlike many commercial businesses, simply shutting down and sending staff on furlough was not an option. In just a few short months, essential proceedings were moved online or over the phone, from GP consultations to government conferences. Now, as we move towards the new normal, you may be wondering about the best way to drive operations forward, while keeping one eye on the future.
Poly has been specialising in communication technology since the 1960s when it provided headsets to the first men on the moon. Now, the company continues to lead from the front when it comes to innovation for all-important audio and video products in the public sector. Here, we look at some of the ways Poly is revolutionising new ways of working in the civic and social space.
Solutions for Remote and Hybrid Teams
Along with some of the best technology for working remotely full-time, Poly can provide state-of-the-art solutions for those who work to a more flexible schedule. This includes portable video and audio solutions which still deliver outstanding sound and camera clarity. Recommended products include:
- Poly Studio P5: An exceptional, portable webcam that is easy to set up and features outstanding camera optics that compensate for low lighting conditions.
- Poly Sync 20+: Compatible with popular conferencing software such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, this sleek smart speakerphone provides a much-needed audio boost to any laptop or smartphone.
Confidential Contact Centres and Control Rooms
Maintain confidentiality in day-to-day communication with comfortable headsets that boost the productivity and wellbeing of the agents that wear them. This is ideal for improving information and communication technology in health and social care, from professionals providing telehealth services to government administrators working hard to keep communities running smoothly. Why not try:
- EncorePro HW520: This headset can be deployed at scale, with noise-cancelling capabilities to help operatives hear clearly and tune out background noise. Recessed buttons make it easy to hold and answer calls yet impossible to accidentally activate the wrong one.
- Dect Wireless CS540: A flexible hands-free headset with three convertible wearing options and security certified with 64-bit encryption.
Technology for Travelling Team Members
Now that cross-border movement is back on the menu, you need versatile technology for field agents and mobile workers. Devices must be portable and able to withstand external elements, without compromising on connectivity and sound quality. Some of the latest solutions include:
- Voyager Focus 2: This versatile wireless headset features impeccable noise cancellation (which removes ambient noise on both ends of the call), up to 25 hours of talk time, and a cushioned headband offering all-day comfort.
- Voyager 5200: A lightweight Bluetooth earpiece with cutting-edge wind-cancelling technology and voice recognition command control.
A communications technology corporation that cares about the community, Poly has half a century of experience providing headsets to the public sector. In partnership with SCC, the company can offer professional-grade audio and video products that stand the test of time. Each one has been adapted to the new ways of working and can be integrated with a range of existing software and platforms.
When it comes to confidentiality, cutting-edge encryption and noise blocking AI technology ensure your conversations are secure. All products are manufactured in-house and undergo rigorous testing to maintain optimum durability, with versatile designs that speak to the new flexible, hybrid nature of your workforce.
SCC and Poly: In Partnership
SCC and Poly are well-established partners, delivering award winning collaboration solutions. SCC was named Video Partner of the Year at the 2019 Poly Awards, recognised for its experience and expertise in helping customers achieve their full productivity potential through true end-to-end Poly solutions.
SCC AVS is SCC’s specialist audio-visual business, providing solutions and services to many of the UK’s largest public and private sector organisations. From unified communications through data centre, to end user compute, SCC has the expertise experience to bring together top tier technologies, services, applications and devices to connect networks, organisations and their people anywhere, anytime.
Get in touch