Are we prepared for an incident?
Establish the best possible incident responses, so you can overcome the unexpected and protect your brand.
Cyber incidents: how to prepare and respond
Cyber security is a major risk, and therefore a top priority, for most organisations. But while technology has a leading role to play in keeping data, systems and applications safe, this should be combined with a robust approach to non-technical risks, too. Our partnership with leading law firm Mishcon De Reya means we can help you cover every base – before, during and after a breach.
The extent of the damage caused by any cybersecurity incident is heavily influenced by the timespan between detection and response. If a business doesn’t have the infrastructure, information or resources to react quickly and securely, it is very difficult to respond properly, or to communicate and escalate in the right manner.
To understand whether you have this capability in-house, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you able to easily put security issues in context, and prioritise them accordingly?
- Do key stakeholders have clear visibility of incident information?
- Are you unable to get cyber security insurance, therefore heightening the importance of fast incident response?
- Do you have documented plans and policies, and are they successfully practised, and then implemented in the event of an incident?
If your answers are no to all or most of these questions, then partnering with a cyber security incident response provider for their solutions and expertise is essential.
How SCC can help
SCC, in partnership with Mishcon De Reya, is able to provide support across several vital cyber incident response capabilities:
- Incident Response: we can help you quickly detect and halt attacks, so that the impact of them is minimised, and prevent other attacks of the same type in the future. We do this by collecting digital evidence across the first 24 hours of an issue to understand what has happened and what actions therefore need to be taken
- Incident Recovery: we can give you advice on remediation plans so that you learn lessons from a breach, and minimise the risk of it happening again
- Cyber Consulting: our experienced team of consultants can identify potential problems, evaluate security issues, assess areas of risk, and put the right solutions in place
- Response Preparation: we can ensure you’re ready to react through incident response plans and (if required) training exercises
- Investigations and Threat Intelligence: we analyse data to gain meaningful insights into threats, both existing and emerging, to help mitigate the risks to your organisation
- Retained Incident Response
- Tabletop Exercises
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber Consultancy
- Ransomware Readiness Reviews
- Ethical Hacking Services
- Cyber Strategy Assessments
- Supply Chain Management Assessments
If you would like to contact us, please use the form below.
How we might use your information
Discover our Insights
Microsoft and NHS England have agreed to a new 5-year health deal for centrally provided…
Data is the core of modern-day policing in many ways. With easy, fast and ethical…
Randori helps you achieve real-time visibility with continuous mapping of your entire external perimeter, including…
With over 250,000 outpatient appointments each day across 1,229 hospitals in the UK, alongside everything…
Colocation from SCC enables you to reduce costs, mitigate risk and minimise your environmental impact….
Why organisations must go beyond data backup in a hybrid working world Performing data backups…
Click here to read the full case study
The Cybersecurity threats, and ongoing risks facing the NHS are increasingly complex and sophisticated. Sadly,…
SCC, Europe’s biggest independent IT services firm, has further enhanced its global cybersecurity credentials by…