The Retail sector is rapidly changing, with recent challenges to the sector driving an evolutionary and transformational agenda, which is required to remain competitive and profitable in today’s turbulent business landscape.
The pandemic and its after-effects will only accelerate this further and change the face of Retail forever. Retail CIOs are investing heavily in digital transformation, driven by the core requirements to move closer to the consumer, increase brand loyalty, understand buying behaviours and capture greater wallet spend.
What our customers say
Group IT Services Director
Infrastructure and Service Delivery Director
The Co-Operative Group
How to quickly adapt to evolving consumer shopping habits and diversify to an omni-channel approach
Mitigating the risk of cyber-attacks to secure customer data and protect against reputational damage
How to secure/maximise wallet-share from consumers during austerity
How to upskill workforce to take advantage of technological advancements including automated checkout lanes, AI and chat bots
Our key Retail solutions
- Distributed Cloud Services
- Managed Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Service Desk
- Break-Fix Regional Engineering
- Networking and Connectivity
To thrive in a highly competitive industry, retailers must meet the demand for agile, intelligent business and IT applications. There is a growing urge for retailers to move from legacy technologies to cloud based solutions. SCC suggest a hybrid cloud solution, in order to ensure an incremental approach to transformation from legacy to cloud. SCC offer a Cloud Readiness Assessment which reviews the entire Retail organisation’s infrastructure to identify applications and their interconnecting workloads, with the aim of migrating them to the storage solution, which provides maximum benefit and optimised performance from each workload.
Our solution portfolio includes:
- Colocation – Retailers can maximise the return on investment of current compute and storage infrastructure by hosting it in SCC’s UK based enterprise data centres.
- SCC Hyperscale – SCC’s Hyperscale Service allows customers to seamlessly host applications and workloads from multiple public cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Cloud+ – SCC’s secure multi-tenant cloud platform Cloud+ delivers a catalogue of cloud based compute and storage services based on a consumption model.
- Sentinel – Sentinel by SCC is an enterprise level, fully certified OFFICIAL/OFFICIAL SENSITIVE Community Cloud platform, built specifically for customers with high security needs.
- Shadow IT, Cloud Usage Discovery and Governance – Any untested and unapproved cloud application used within a customer’s organisation is Shadow IT. SCC offer a three step assessment to provide visibility into a customer’s environment, to highlight potential risks and develop a plan for compliance.
- Retailers can reduce the time and expense of operating their own data centre environment.
- Create and build a competitive advantage through the ability to take advantage of technological innovations and process automation.
- Cloud environments enable Retailers to always have access to the latest upgrades, minimising risk and enabling transformation and robust security.
- Increased flexibility and cost savings.
As our world becomes increasingly connected, organisations face constant and targeted security attacks which can occur at any time and are always evolving. The surge in ransomware attacks in the last 12 months for Retail reached an increase of 264%. Retailers must invest in advanced cyber security solutions to protect their data.
SCC helps Retailers develop a comprehensive security strategy that encompasses every stage of the security lifecycle. Our Managed SIEM Service provides organisations access to best-in-class threat detection services, delivered by our dedicated and experienced operations team. It delivers a complete view of the visible and ‘invisible’ threats facing an entire organisation, reducing detection times and improving defence capabilities.
We collect, store and analyse security event data, consolidate log events and network data from customer devices, endpoints and applications distributed around the infrastructure. This data feeds into SCC’s enterprise class platform, where an advanced Sense Analytics engine normalises and correlates the data to identify anomalies, uncover advanced threats and remove false positives in real-time. The platform is managed from SCC’s Cyber Security Centre where a team of Security Analysts monitor incoming alerts and events. This team actively seeks to provide advice on the best course of action following detection of a threat.
- SCC managing the collection, storage and analysis of security event data, consolidating log events and network data from devices, endpoints and applications distributed around the IT infrastructure.
- A market-leading advanced analytics engine providing real-time analytics of log data and network flows to identify malicious activity.
- 24/7 proactive security event monitoring and alerting with Security Experts on hand in our Security Operations Centre to support Retailers.
- Detailed event correlation and automatic prioritisation – supplying Retailers with proactive advice on the best resolution routes.
- End-to-end security service reporting and service level agreements helps Retailers to meet their regulatory and security compliance requirements.
Retailers can improve quality, speed and price, at which value is delivered to their customers, by utilising Service Desk support provided by SCC. Utilising an external service centre will enable retailers to minimise disruption caused by IT failure to in-store and online operations.
SCC’s award-winning, ITIL accredited Service Desk provides retailers access to 24x7x365 multi-lingual support, with contact routes customised to streamline processes and enhance the end user experience.
Next Generation Service Desk
As part of a retailer’s digital transformation journey, our next generation Service Desk incorporates cloud, automation and robotics. This empowers organisations to work smarter, scale faster, reach new markets, increase productivity and gain a competitive edge.
Our service desk aligns to the demands of the ‘get it now’ generation by providing multiple contact methods aligned to the culture and technological awareness of the retailer staff. Contact methods include:
- Telephone – Via a dedicated Service Desk number which allows SCC to report upon handling performance and route calls to skilled engineers.
- Virtual Assistant – SCC’s Virtual Assistant is trained to resolve many IT issues, without human intervention.
- Portal – Allow users to log and track Incidents/Requests and provide access to self-help articles.
- Email – Via a dedicated customer Service Desk email address.
- Chat – Chat directly with an SCC Service Desk analyst.
- Other Social Media Integrations – Other social media platforms can be integrated to enable communication with the Service Desk.
- Future proof the business to support growth aspirations and continued profitability.
- Bespoke services offered which blends modern technology with traditional services.
- Shared and dedicated options available.
- Save money through shared services and faster resolution times.
- An average customer satisfaction rating of 97%.
- First-time fix rate of 95%.
Retailers are adopting the latest innovations to remain competitive; maintaining internal knowledge on how to support issues when something goes wrong is becoming increasingly difficult. SCC has been providing on-site maintenance services for retailers for over 40 years, covering desktops, laptops, printers, servers and storage, ePoS and audio visual.
SCC’s Break-Fix solutions blends both on-site and field-based engineering resource, with our engineers responding to 45,000+ calls per annum, including on-site sales or event support for peak retail sales cycles. Our engineers have access to eight million pounds worth of spares that are distributed across 600+ locations all over the UK.
Next Gen Remote Field Services
Our Next Gen Remote Field Services brings a new portfolio of on-demand user focused services suitable for the self-serve culture of today. They are designed to drive more efficient ways of delivering maintenance services to our retail customers, with a focus on a ‘customer first’ mentality, to drive a better user experience, through the increased use of technology and innovation.
The Next Gen Remote Field Services incorporate three main components:
- Tech Bar – Tech Bar provides on-site user-focused and approachable IT resource, who can provide immediate support to user issues.
- Locker and Vending – Instant access to IT peripherals, consumables and an “anytime” location for storing customer owned stock of devices, such as laptops and 24×7 swap-out device support.
- Tech Exchange – To complement SCC’s own field engineering team, SCC have partnered to deliver a UK wide Technical Exchange service. Where on-site repair is not required, this delivers a fast-response device replacement.
- Flexible support solutions which fortify in-store, online and omni-channel fulfilment activities.
- Access support quicker to minimise down-time and reduce the cost of IT failure.
- Seamless remote IT maintenance support supports green agendas through a reduced carbon footprint.
- Benefit from technological advancements which deliver enhanced retail experiences with a full managed support wrap from SCC.
With omni-channel models now being a minimum requirement for retailers hoping to achieve business success, networks are more important than ever. Modernising the retail network can open the door to using technological innovations to satisfy ever-growing customers expectation.
SCC has been providing network solutions to retailers for over 20 years. Our dedicated team work closely with retailers to design a solution that not only meets the requirements of today and future aims but has the ability to flex in line with seasonable peaks and dips.
Local Area Network (LAN)
The LAN is the bedrock of the network, as a stable, reliable and scalable solution is needed to underpin connectivity requirements in retailer’s stores and offices. As more devices and systems are becoming network enabled, managing the network is becoming increasingly complex; SCC has a range of options suitable for retail LAN, which will underpin the business aims now and into the future.
In-store wireless connectivity it set to be a future trend in retail, with the ability to be optimised to deliver just-in-time ads and information to customers, track location-based data analytics and provide remote IT management through cloud-enabled platforms. SCC can provide wireless services suited to the innovation goals of a retailer, enabling them to offer a more personal experience to their customers, as well as making business decision easier through the use of in-store data collection.
Wide Area Networks are a staple of any retail organisation; connecting the various stores, offices and buildings together, SCC’s SD-WAN is a next generation solution which utilises cost-effective underlay technologies to build a better architecture for today’s cloud connected world. With enhanced security capabilities, SD-WAN enables the safe connection of multiple endpoints and supports today’s hybrid working requirements.
- Take advantage of technological innovations and cloud-based technologies which are driving change across the retail sector.
- Save money and increase network flexibility and security.
- Protect the underlying business infrastructure to minimise risk and down-time through unplanned outages.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch today
How we might use your information