The software buying process is difficult. Often business don’t know what licences they’ve bought, what they need, or if they’re getting true value for money.
Then there is the question of compliance and the risk of hefty fines for not having control over your software estate.
Software Smart buying is SCC’s approach to giving you full transparency. Our expert consultants help you regain control and Software Smart Buying ensures you keep it.
Software Smart Buying will help you:
- Predict software and licensing costs and avoid nasty surprises;
- Lower total annual costs by up to 23%;
- Eradicate risks associated with software deployment;
- Manage the software lifecycle and transition process;
- Enable full visibility across your entire software estate.
Software Smart Buying is broken into four main services, delivered as a one-off project, or as part of an ongoing managed service from SCC, CRN’s Managed Services Provider of the Year 2015. Each service answers a different question around your software license entitlement, usage, reconciliation and renewals management.
The four services are:
- Usage Discovery;
- Ambiguous, changing pricing guidelines;
- Complex license agreements;
- Varying definitions vendor-by-vendor;
- Incomplete, inaccurate entitlement data;
- Evolving business environments;
- Cloud computing models and ‘as a service’ offerings.
Software Smart Buying Benefits
Our License Management team identifies what you have bought, what you are using and any opportunities to lower price across the board, giving you better insight into your licensing position and preventing expensive fines for non-compliancy.