The Legal Sector is in the middle of a considerable shift, as digital transformation is becoming a priority for many firms.
Innovation and transformation programmes are well underway, accelerated by the pandemic and the need to embrace hybrid working, as well as to serve customers in an increasingly digital legal marketplace.
What our customers say
Director of IT
Ince & Co
How to remain profitable and protect margins during economic uncertainty
Adapting to changing customer expectation of increased transparency, digital driven service with outcome based pricing
Mitigating the cyber risk to customer data and business reputation caused by increased digitisation in the sector
How to maximise the benefit of digital innovations including digitisation, AI, Robotic Process Automation, Data Analytics and Cloud
Our key Legal solutions
- Cloud Adoption
- Digital Workplace
- Managed Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Service Desk
- Automation and Digitisation
When adapting to digital transformation, Legal firms require access to their document and information anytime, anywhere. Migrating to the Cloud is not only a key advantage of the process of digital transformation, but it also enables Legal firms to introduce agile working practices and greater access to their resources. Often a hybrid cloud approach is required when combining on-premise storage with cloud services, as legacy applications cannot be moved to the cloud due to legal or developmental restrictions. SCC offer a Cloud Readiness Assessment which reviews the entire organisation infrastructure to identify applications and their interconnecting workloads, with the aim of migrating them to the storage solution which provides maximum benefit.
Our cloud and on-premise storage solution portfolio includes:
- Colocation – Legal firms can maximise the return on investment of their current compute and storage infrastructure and deliver cost savings to the business by hosting their equipment in SCC’s UK based enterprise data centres.
- SCC Hyperscale – SCC’s Hyperscale Service allows Legal firms to seamlessly host applications and workloads from multiple public cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Cloud+ – SCC’s secure multi-tenant cloud platform Cloud+ delivers a catalogue of cloud based compute and storage services based on a consumption model.
- Sentinel – Sentinel by SCC is an enterprise level, fully certified OFFICIAL/OFFICIAL SENSITIVE Community Cloud platform, built specifically for customers with high security needs who cannot use a shared space for regulation compliance reasons.
- Increase future agility and scalability of the IT environment.
- Increase flexibility and cost savings associated with consumption priced services.
- Ongoing management, support and optimisation of a Legal firm’s cloud environments with SCC Hyperscale.
- SCC’s solutions have been tested against strict criteria for confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Build competitive advantage through the ability to take advantage of technological innovation and process automation.
With the legacy of the COVID-19 pandemic, remote working is creating entire new organisational structures and new business models. Many Legal firms are under pressure to implement future modern workplace solutions to provide end users with a seamless work from anywhere experience. Our user first approach will help customers evolve from a device-centric strategy to a user, security, data and applications focused modern workplace.
SCC will align people, process and technology to the following solution areas:
Collaboration and Communication
SCC are unique in our ability to discuss, consult, supply, deploy and support cross-discipline collaboration and unified communication solutions. SCC ensure the solutions meet regulation requirements for Legal firms, ensuring greater productivity and security.
Unified End-Point Management
Streamlining the process for managing IT, SCC implement a single administrative console, which allows IT teams to remotely manage corporate devices including identity and access management, patch management, end-point experience monitoring and technology adoption requirements.
Application Modernisation is key to any transformational project. SCC can remotely manage the upgrades of applications and deliver containerisation services for legacy applications, which are needed for transformation projects but not fit for cloud hosting.
Our Technology Adoption team offers training, end user adoption and learning management services to maximise the benefit of investments in technology.
By blending modern technology with standards-based, proven service management practice, SCC’s multi-lingual service desk provides 24x7x365 support via telephone, email, virtual assistant, self service portals, chat and social media integration.
End User Support
Meet the everchanging expectations of employees by deploying SCC’s flexible remote field services which include: Tech Bar, Smart Locker and IT Peripheral Vending Machines, Repair 365 and Technical Exchange.
- Improved collaboration via seamless connection on any device from any location.
- Replace legacy infrastructure with modern supported technology, increasing productivity.
- Easy access to support required when users need it.
As our world becomes increasingly connected, Legal organisations face increasingly sophisticated and targeted security attacks. As Legal firms become more reliant on innovative technologies, they must invest in advanced cyber security solutions to ensure operational compliance and to protect their proprietary data.
SCC helps Legal firms develop a comprehensive security strategy that encompasses every stage of the security lifecycle. Our Managed SIEM service provides organisations access to best-in-class threat detection services, delivered by our dedicated and experienced operations team. It delivers a complete view of the visible and ‘invisible’ threats facing an entire organisation, reducing detection times and improving defence capabilities.
We collect, store and analyse security event data, consolidate log events and network data from customer devices, endpoints and applications distributed around the infrastructure. This data feeds into SCC’s enterprise class platform, where an advanced Sense Analytics engine normalises and correlates the data to identify anomalies, uncover advanced threats and remove false positives in real-time. The platform is managed from SCC’s Cyber Security Centre where a team of Security Analysts monitor incoming alerts and events. This team actively seeks to provide advice to customers on the best course of action following detection of a threat, with threat detection notifications delivered automatically to customers.
- SCC managing the collection, storage and analysis of security event data, consolidating log events and network data from devices, endpoints and applications distributed around the IT infrastructure.
- Invest confidently in the IBM QRadar, a market-leading advanced analytics engine providing real-time analytics.
- 24/7 proactive security event monitoring and alerting with Security Experts on hand in our Security Operations Centre to support customers.
- Detailed event correlation and automatic prioritisation – supplying customers with proactive advice on the best resolution routes.
- Take advantage of SCC’s end-to-end security service reporting and service level agreements, designed to help meet Legal firms’ regulatory and security compliance requirements.
Legal firms can improve quality, speed and price, at which value is delivered to their clients, by utilising Service Desk support provided by SCC. Utilising an external Service Centre will enable Legal firms to maximise their employee’s productivity and efficiency, giving them a competitive edge which is crucial as the Legal services landscape is transforming.
Regular maintenance and proactive support is tailored to suit the specific technical needs of the Legal sector. SCC’s award-winning, ITIL accredited Service Desk provides Legal firms access to 24/7 365 days-a-year multi-lingual support, with contact routes customised to streamline processes and enhance the end user experience.
Next Generation Service Desk
As part of a Legal firm’s digital transformation journey, our next generation Service Desk incorporates cloud, automation and robotics. This empowers organisations to work smarter, scale faster, reach new markets, increase productivity and gain a competitive edge.
Our Service Desk aligns to the demands of the ‘get it now’ generation by providing multiple contact methods aligned to the culture and technological awareness of the Legal firm’s employees. Contact methods include:
- Telephone – Via a dedicated Service Desk number which allows SCC to report upon handling performance and route calls to skilled engineers.
- Virtual Assistant – SCC’s Virtual Assistant is trained to resolve many IT issues, without human intervention.
- Portal – Allow users to log and track Incidents/Requests and provide access to self-help articles.
- Email – Via a dedicated customer Service Desk email address.
- Chat – Chat directly with an SCC Service Desk analyst.
- Other Social Media Integrations – Other social media platforms can be integrated to enable communication with the Service Desk.
- Future proof the firm to support growth aspirations and continued profitability.
- Bespoke services offered, blending modern technology with traditional services.
- Shared and dedicated options available.
- Save money through shared services and faster resolution times.
- An average customer satisfaction rating of 97%.
- First-time fix rate of 95%.
Legal firms are changing. They are challenged by their clients and employees to be more flexible, offer more options and to do them more sustainably. Legal firms are having to rapidly integrate new technology into their operational processes and workflows, while still being mindful of the regulatory landscape they must perform within.
Digitising business data is often perceived as a risk, however, physically stored data is static and by digitising Legal firms can rapidly take advantage of new ways of working, from enhanced collaboration between offices and employees, to data analytics and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
SCC Document Services work with Legal firms to bring people, process and technology together, giving firms control over how they store, share and secure information in all of its formats. These fully managed services give Legal firms access to SCC’s specialist managed print resources, without the requirement for recruiting or retaining additional in-house skills.
Secure Scanning Services
SCC can remove the challenges caused by legacy paper processes with our secure record scanning services, which digitises archived and current documents to be secured either on-premise or in a cloud environment.
Managed Print Rooms
Supporting of flexible working solutions, correspondence can be sent digitally to the print room where it will be printed and dispatched.
Managed Post Room
SCC’s Digital Inbound mail solution, scans, indexes and electronically delivers mail to the end user, removing the requirement for them to be on-site to receive it. It can also be linked to AI or RPA, allowing the data within the mail to be actioned without staff intervention.
- Take control of data with SCC’s Document Services, cloud, hardware and software support services.
- Reduce paper consumptions, enabling environmental targets.
- Remove costs and improve firm efficiency levels.
- Improve sustainability by reducing power usage and reducing carbon footprint with digital storage.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch today
How we might use your information