Since the earliest PCs, users have wanted and needed to do more with less
With this in mind, users demand faster and more reliable performance on smaller and more mobile devices. And with working environments changing and workloads increasing, those demands are getting higher. Work and personal technologies are continuing to integrate, with communication technologies enabling digital workspaces and instant global collaboration, creating intense workloads with data and graphics that put processors through their paces. Workloads like these also raise the stakes for PC security. Mobile use and collaboration can make endpoints particularly vulnerable to attack, putting data and other resources at risk.
Business under attack
As reported by Forbes, “The year 2020 broke all records when it came to data lost in breaches and sheer numbers of cyber-attacks on companies, government, and individuals. In addition, the sophistication of threats increased from the application of emerging technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and 5G, and especially from greater tactical cooperation among hacker groups and state actors.”
- On average, only 5% of companies’ folders are properly protected
- Malware increased by 358% in 2020
- There is a ransomware victim every 10 seconds in 2020
- Cybercrime will cost the world $10.5 trillion annually by 2025
- And 78% of senior IT and IT security leaders believe their organizations lack sufficient protection against cyberattacks, despite increased IT security investments made in 2020 to deal with distributed IT and work-from-home challenges.
Few could predict how quickly the remote working revolution would take place. The fast enablement of remote working for entire organisations exposed cyber security vulnerabilities within the IT infrastructure. SCC’s security approach begins with an effective program to understand the maturity of your organisation’s security strategy. This will lead to the implementation of the right tools and security controls for provision of continuous monitoring and incident response.
The challenge: choosing the right processor
Clearly now more than ever, organisations need secure, reliable, high-performance PC computing. That’s where processors come in. But, whilst every PC in the world is powered by a processor, not all processors are created equal.
Your choice of processor determines what experience your employees ultimately get out of a device, no matter what kind of device it is or what features it may offer. People want the latest performance so their PCs can get out of their way during the creative process. They want to be able to use the latest collaboration tools, manage many tasks at the same time, and do it all on the go with decent battery life.
IT managers want to keep users happy with the performance of their systems, whilst also helping protect the organization against security threats. They want to be able to manage systems and know that they have a commercial-grade quality product. What distinguishes one processor from another is the ability to satisfy all these conflicting issues.
The solution: AMD
For over 50 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data centre. Hundreds of millions of consumers, Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible.
AMD knows the key features business look for in a processor:
- Compute power
- Graphics performance
- Sophisticated security
- Integration and manageability
- Efficiency and long battery life
- High availability
Learn more about the detail: AMD Ryzen™ PRO ProcessorsPerformance is often the most important factor when evaluating a processor. Skimp on compute and your users will face unresponsive applications and have difficulty multitasking. They’ll have to close background applications, essentially forcing them to choose where to spend their limited processing power. AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors feature 12nm technology that delivers high efficiency and superb, long-lasting performance, whatever your role.
- Better graphics performance: You no longer have to be in a graphics-driven job to require high graphics performance. HD video, complex presentations, 3D modelling, rich collaboration and conferencing, and multi-display demands all add up to higher requirements for graphics performance. AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Graphics accelerate these and other graphics workloads, allowing you to visualize in real-time and speed up your business and creative workflows, keeping you productive and secure.
- High Security: Security is critical given that end-user devices, due to their potential mobility, are exposed to some of the highest security risks, especially when outside the control of their IT department. Security has to be automated, enforced programmatically, and ideally built into the hardware. AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors were designed with security in mind, helping protect against boot kit attacks, OS and app attacks, and memory / cold boot attacks, and easing the burden of end-user device management on IT teams.
- Streamlined management: AMD Ryzen™ PRO and Athlon™ PRO are the only processor family that offers a full set of manageability features on every model. Industry-leading DASH manageability for remote administration comes standard in all AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors. Based on open standards, DASH allows quick and easy remote access and diagnostics – both in-band and out-of-band – to streamline management of your fleet of PCs and ensure quality and reliability.
- Reliable: Quality control plays a huge part in determining the reliability of an end product. Manufacturing variabilities and inconsistent sourcing can result in defective parts, gutting system reliability. AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors offer commercial-grade quality, with products sourced from wafers with the highest yields, helping ensure exceptional dependability. In addition, 18 months of planned platform stability helps bring peace of mind and long-term efficiency.
- Efficient: The ideal processor can save you money by using less energy while providing cutting-edge compute and graphics performance for your users. AMD Ryzen™ PRO 12nm processors offer superb efficiency, generating less heat than a similar AMD processor from three years ago. Efficiency also helps mobile users who need to stay productive all day.
SCC and AMD: In partnership
SCC and AMD have been strategic partners for several years, offering dedicated account management, end-user aligned executives and field application engineers leaving no stone unturned. From small businesses to enterprise, AMD Ryzen™ Processors and AMD Ryzen™ Processors with PRO technologies provide work anywhere flexibility for the modern workforce. If your business requires exceptional performance and responsiveness, security and professional features, AMD Ryzen™ processors are for you.
Get in touch